Author Topic: 2016 July 24 - Added Mobile mod theme  (Read 8269 times)

Offline Shenreed

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2016 July 24 - Added Mobile mod theme
« on: 2016 47, 07/24/16, 15:47:58 PM »
2016 July 24 - While my new website template is "responsive" and can be viewed on either a desktop or mobile device, SMF Forums is a fixed template and doesn't look good on a mobile device. So today I bought and installed a mod theme for SMF Forums, to make it responsive and mobile friendly. It automatically detects if the Forum is being accessed by a mobile device.

The Desktop and laptop version (this one) will remain as is. However, I did change the width to 75% to make it more "book like" and easier to read, especially on today's W - I - D- E  screen monitors, so that you don't read 30 plus words on one line... which, in my personal opinion, is nuts!
« Last Edit: 2016 20, 10/22/16, 17:20:17 PM by Shenreed »

Offline Shenreed

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Added Mobile mod theme
« Reply #1 on: 2016 41, 08/25/16, 20:41:54 PM »
Well today I noticed that the Forum was no longer responsive, so I went to my website cPanel, and not seeing anything obvious, I thought I might solve the problem by uploading the software and re-installing it. At least that was the plan! My intuition told me to make a backup, but I ignored her since I thought I knew what I was doing. I uploaded the software and extracted it... That was when disaster struck! I had a ton of files that I didn't know what to do with and the forum was down.

Not having a backup, and not wanting to re-install the software and start all over again, I emailed my website support and they re-installed a backup for the sum of $63.00. I figured that was cheaper and less frustrating than spending hours organizing the Forum, not to mention, having to remember all the posts that are presently on it. So now I have a back up and I have to figure out (cautiously) why the SMF mobile mod theme isn't working.
« Last Edit: 2016 43, 08/25/16, 20:43:02 PM by Shenreed »